Get ready for the cookie of all dairy free cookie dreams….in mini! These little chocolate chip cookie bites are the perfect combination of soft and chewy. Omg they are so SOFT! Dotted with chocolate chips, each cookie is really the perfect size for a bite…or two..or five.
I didn’t want to say that these are the BEST chocolate chip cookie, because, you know- everyone says that. But I’m not gonna lie to you my lovely sweet loving friend, these are hands down the best dairy free cookies! I’m totally obsessed with them and have been making this recipe for a couple years now. Theres always one person who comes over to me and whispers”so, where are you hiding the butter in these?” LOL. I’m not that kinda girl!
With no butter, no butter substitutes, and no coconut oil(I know that isn’t such a pantry staple for everyone), these cookies somehow manage to be everything. Chewy and soft even after they cool, with a lovely texture, beautiful brown colour, and light caramel-y flavour.
Love Dairy Free Recipes? Try these Sugar Cookies too!
I want to straight up thank Miriam Teitelbaum of @thepreppykitchen for sharing this recipe! You can check out her instagram. The first time I made these(for a BBQ dessert), they disappeared in the blink of an eye. My sister in law had to swat her hubby to stop eating them. It took a long while to actually write it down….but finally we are here.
This is one of those “could it be easier?” recipes. Two steps. No chilling. Cookies are out of the oven in 6 minutes flat. You’re welcomeeee!!!
The instructions are really straightforward but I want to talk about a couple things.
One- The Secret.
The reason these dairy free chocolate chip cookies surpass all others I have ever- yes, ever- made, is because of a very special ingredient!
Vanilla pudding mix!
whatttt? no worries, you don’t have to whip up any pudding, this stuff is poured straight from the package into our wet ingredient mix. It comes in a powder form and completely changes the texture of your cookies. I also use pudding mix in this Lemon Amaretto Cake for the moistest of moist slices! It’s like baking magic.
Two- Get the right brown sugar.
We are using dark brown sugar, sometimes called dark brown baking sugar. The granules are smaller than regular brown sugar and using this will give your cookies a deep rich molasses flavour and lovely brown colour. I have tried the recipe using demarara sugar instead of the brown, and while they were good, they just weren’t as good.
our brand pick: my friends and I love this brand of sugar!
When I find the stuff I buy out the shelves. I really do.
Three- Make them mini.
Incredible Dairy free chocolate chip cookies are great. Make them MINI? They are just that much better! These little cookie bites are adorable, perfect for treats for the kids, and treats for ahchem, us? Reward yourself, they are so small you can even go for three. I won’t tell.
So that’s about it, lets get to it shall we?!
I hope you love these Mini Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies like we do! Remember to leave a review/comment below- I love hearing what recipes are your favourites and what is the “matzav” in your kitchen.
For fun and behind-the-scenes, come and join the fam on Instagram!
Lots of love, Estee
Mini Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 1/2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding, straight from the package (one package)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- *Preheat oven to 350F/ 176C. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the oil, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until creamy. Add in vanilla pudding mix(the powder straight from the package), 2 eggs, and vanilla. Beat until the eggs are thoroughly mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mixing with a whisk as opposed to a spatula ensures the baking soda is evenly distributed. Add the dry mix to the wet and mix until JUST combined, and there is no flour visible. Don't over mix! Add in the chocolate chips.
- Place about one Tablespoon of cookie dough( these are mini cookies!) onto a baking tray fitted with a baking sheet. My baking sheet fits 5 cookies across and 4 down-20 on a sheet. Bake for 6 minutes. The cookies will be perfectly chewy, and will firm up a bit more once cooled. ENJOY!
- You can freeze the raw cookie dough- shape it into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, OR what I personally prefer is to shape the cookies and freeze them in a container. This way you can just pop them out as desired and bake straight from the freezer! You can also bake the cookies and immediately after cooling, place them in a ziplock bag, layering them between paper towels, and freeze.
This post uses affiliate links to products we use and love(the brown sugar!)