Raspberry Citrus Burst Mini Muffins
- 2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs demarara sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil(I use canola)
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs orange juice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/8 cup oil(I use canola)
- 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup rolled oats(not instant) also called old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup White sugar
Dry ingredients + Wet
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F Spray mini muffin trays with non stick spray or place muffin cups into the moulds.
- In a large bowl, whisk together(with a whisk!) the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- To the well, add the oil, egg, orange zest and juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet ingredients to break up the egg, than switch to a rubber spatula. Gently fold dry ingredients into the wet in the centre of the bowl and mix just until combined. Don't over mix- this makes a tough muffin!
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, flour, oats, and sugar and mix together with your fingers until crumbs form.
- With a small spoon, fill up the muffin moulds almost all the way to the top with batter. Filling them up full will give you the perfect muffin top! Coarsely chop the raspberries and sprinkle over the batter. Gently press them down. Sprinkle over a little streusel and lightly press that down as well- just to stick it to the batter.
- Bake at 350 F/ 175 C for 13 minutes, or until tops have just turned golden. My oven takes 13 minutes exactly for the perfect mini muffin!