A delicious creamy breakfast cake that is perfect for a morning coffee. Golden Biscuits, cheesecake-flavored vanilla layers, and a creamy rich lotus centre. And Oh-My is it easy!
I’ll say 10 minutes max for preparation, but you could probably do it in five. (if you don’t have little kiddie fingers grabbing every other biscuit from your pile and running off with them).
Something about a breakfast cake just gets my attention. I love being up in the early morning, looking out over the misty fields in the valley behind our house, with a hot cup of coffee and little plate of cheese-cake. Or biscuit cake. Or chocolate cake.
I use a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. (This one)affiliate link. It’s red. I love it. I will get a glass bowl one of these days!
My grandmother gave me these beautiful little gold embroidered plates when I got married, and I am always reminded of her. She would have loved my cakes! It’s from her Italian side that I get my sweet tooth and love for cheese.
This cake has a wonderful cheesecake flavour, and an ice cream texture that is delightfully creamy. Hubs likes it totally frozen straight from the freezer, but I like to take it out 10-20 minutes beforehand. Slicing is much easier and it gets that perfect creaminess.
Hope you enjoy,
Are you following estee_bestie on Instagram yet?!
Vanilla Lotus Biscuit Cake
- 2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tbs hot milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Package of biscuits
- 1 cup whipping cream 250 ml
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 3/4 cup white cheese gvina levana
- 3 Tbs vanilla pudding powder
- 3 Tbs milk
- 2 Tbs Lotus Spread
- We will be using an english cake mold(a rectangle pan). Set it on the counter.
- Dissolve coffee in a bit of hot milk. Add the coffee and ½ cup milk to a shallow bowl.
- One at a time, dip biscuits into the milk and arrange them on the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Cut a couple in half to fit the ends of the pan. I used 13 biscuits for this part.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the ½ cup sugar. Stop the mixer. Add the white cheese, vanilla pudding mix, and milk. Whip until combined.
- Leave 1 cup of the cream filling in the mixer.
- Spoon half of the remaining cream into the pan over the biscuits, and set the other half aside.
- To the 1 cup of cream in the mixer, add 2 Tbs Lotus Spread. Whip until combined and creamy.
- Spread the lotus cream over the vanilla cream in the pan.
- Top with the remaining vanilla cream.
- Dip a few more biscuits into the milk/coffee and arrange them on top of the cake.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours to set. Remove about 10 minutes before serving, gently pop out the cake onto a serving tray, and slice. Place back in the freezer to keep.
Leave a Reply