Raspberry Jam Hearts with Lemony Glaze
- 113 gram vegan butter/butter (1 stick butter),(1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbs White sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 3 Tbs sifted white flour
- Good quality Raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat vegan butter and sugar until combined. Add vanilla and salt and beat to combine. Scrape down the sides of the mixer and add the flour, scraping the bowl as necessary. Mix until a dough forms and there are no large pieces of butter.
- Gather the dough into a ball, and cut into 3 pieces. Cut each piece into 2, and then each into 4. You should have 24 somewhat even pieces of dough.
- Preheat oven to 175c/350f. Line a baking tray with a parchment sheet. Take each cookie and shape into a ball. Cut out a little triangle shape. Pinch the opposite ends together to form the point of the heart. Round out the top edges. Make two indents with your index finger in the shape of a "V". Fill indents with jam. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let cool.
- to make glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix with a fork to combine. If the glaze is too thick, add 1/4 tsp lemon juice at a time till it reaches the right consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies. You can make a small white heart in the centre of the jam with the glaze-get creative! Let cool and enjoy!