Welcome to Episode 4 in our Skillet Cooking series! Today we are making Spicy Honey Mustard Salmon- skillet baked in just 15 minutes. This recipe is so easy to prepare and yields the juiciest salmon dinner!
Make sure to follow this series on Instagram so you don’t miss any new Skillet Recipes!
I’m really excited to be sharing this recipe today, its just so good. Easy dinners are my forte and I have been making this salmon recipe on repeat for a whole week! It’s all we’ve eaten really, and I have no complaints from anyone.
I love that this recipe is baked and sugar-free, making a wonderful weeknight staple meal. The whole thing is made in one skillet with minimal oil, and is ready in just 20 minutes.
Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce
This delicious sauce is used to baste the salmon and makes such a juicy, creamy, glaze. You’ll need just a couple staple pantry ingredients and you are good to go! I like using a mix of seedy and dijon mustard for the perfect texture(all seedy is just not creamy enough). You can adjust the sriracha sauce amount to suit your taste- when I make this for family dinner I use 2 teaspoons so it’s not so spicy for the kids!
What you need:
- Seedy Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Paprika (sweet or smoked both work great)
- Lime or Lemon juice
- Fresh Garlic
20 minute Dinner
Including prep time, this recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! I dont think it gets better than that! It is actually really important not to cook your salmon for any longer than this or it will dry out. 15 minutes in the oven at a high temperature of 200º makes the juiciest salmon fillets.
The low down:
- Prepare Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce in a small jar and mix well to combine.
- Slice onions to cover the bottom of the skillet
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper
- Pour over glaze
- Bake 10 minutes
- Baste with remaining sauce and add lime slices
- Bake another 5 minutes
Tips for cast iron cooking:
For easy clean up, spray your skillet with olive oil cooking spray before adding anything
To prevent the salmon from sticking and the edges of the pan from burning, cover the bottom of the skillet in a layer of purple onions, which also make a lovely delicious side dish
Wash skillet immediately after use with a special skillet scrubby(amazon affiliate link), and dry well
If you try this recipe please give it a star rating below and be sure to add any of your special comments. Readers(and me!!) love hearing how things come out in your own kitchen. Happy cooking!
Spicy Honey Mustard Salmon[skillet baked]
- 2-4 salmon fillets(1 lb.), skin off or on, whichever you prefer
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbs oil
spicy honey mustard sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup seedy mustard
- 1/8 cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs lemon or lime juice, plus a full half for garnish
- 2-4 tsp sriracha (use 2 tsp if you want it mild)
- 1 tsp paprika (sweet, smoked, or spicy)
- preheat oven to 392º f/ 200º cspray skillet with non stick cooking spray.thinly slice the onion and cover the bottom of the skillet.
- pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel, and season lightly with salt and pepper. arrange on top of onions.
spicy honey mustard sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small container and shake well or stir well to combine.pour most of the sauce over the salmon fillets, reserving some for basting.drizzle the onions with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
- place the skillet in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. after 10 minutes, baste the remaining sauce over the salmon fillets(and a little over the onions, if desired). toss the onions to prevent them from burning. arrange lime or lemon slices on the fillets( I used two thin slices per fillet) and return to the oven to bake for another 5 minutes. if your fillets are extra thick bake an additional 2 minutes, until salmon is no longer pink inside. serve hot!