- 3/4 Cup White or Brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Cloves Crushed garlic
- 1 Tbs. Grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds white/black For garnish
- Spring onions For garnish
- 6-8 Chicken breasts and thighs Skin removed
- Add sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, and red pepper to a pot over low heat. Bring to a boil and dissolve sugar.
- Lower flame. Place chicken into pot and cover with a lid. Set timer to 20 minutes. When it goes off, flip each piece, cover, and cook another 20 minutes. Flip again and set timer for 10 minutes. Flip and cook another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Wet a small bowl or container and fill with rice. Turn upside onto your serving plate, creating a dome of rice. Arrange chicken pieces and garnish with sesame seeds. Thinly slice scallions on the diagonal and sprinkle over. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply