Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats(Dairy Free!)
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, plus extra for drizzling the tops
- Place the peanut butter, sugar, and corn syrup into a 9 by 13 pan. Stir it and place in the oven for 5 minutes. It should be mostly melted, remove from the oven and stir again, making sure to get the corners! Place back in the oven for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, stir well, and add the Rice Krispies. Spray a large large spoon, or use a silicone spatula, and flatten out the top the the bars.
- In a small bowl, place the chocolate and peanut butter and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, stir, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and pour over the rice krispies. On top of the chocolate layer, drizzle peanut butter in lines. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
- Store in a covered container on the counter, or wrap in aluminium foil and place in a ziplock bag to freeze, but slice beforehand!
Leave a Reply