Chewy Rice Krispie treats with loads of peanut butter, a thick chocolate top, and a coveted sticky crunch. These truly are the best of the best!
Sometimes when I taste something really delicious, I think, oh man- I wish this was my recipe! When I tasted these chews for the first time, I didn’t even think- I just popped out my hand for seconds, and thirds, and then I should have asked my sister in law to put them in the freezer so I would stop eating them. The very best part of these otherwise called “Peanut Chews”, are the outer edges. The sugar and corn syrup caramelise and create a chewy wall that is highly, and I mean highly, addictive.
Do you SEE the edges?!
These Krispies are made in the oven, which is where all of the caramelisation happens.
Let’s stop for a moment and thank Chana Sara Posen aka BakesandSteaks(on Instagram) for such a hugely successful treat. Check her out for lots of other sinful goodies! Check out Saras Peanut Chews…. YEAS.
What do you need to make Peanut Butter Rice Krispies?
Lots of peanut butter. I personally love smooth, but I know this is a huge machlokes(argument), and if you like crunchy, that’s okay, you can go ahead and use crunchy.
Rice Krispie Cereal. One box will be enough and you can let the kids finish the rest for breakfast, or make two batches! (dangerous.)
Corn Syrup. Light Corn Syrup. I will say that I usually shy away from this stuff. It’s not healthy but it really does give these Krispie Treats the texture they deserve! So once in a while, get a bottle.
Love peanut butter?
Try these …..PB Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
What is in the topping made of?
Lots of chocolate and more peanut butter! This is the first layer you will sink your teeth into before hitting the crunch, so make sure its nice and thick. For extra eye-catchiness, drizzle more peanut butter on top of the chocolate layer in thin strips. Let cool. Slice, and enjoy!
For a really cute serving idea, slice the bars into small squares and place into mini decorated cupcake liners.
Say Hello on Insta and tag your creations with estee_bestie!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats(Dairy Free!)
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, plus extra for drizzling the tops
- Place the peanut butter, sugar, and corn syrup into a 9 by 13 pan. Stir it and place in the oven for 5 minutes. It should be mostly melted, remove from the oven and stir again, making sure to get the corners! Place back in the oven for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, stir well, and add the Rice Krispies. Spray a large large spoon, or use a silicone spatula, and flatten out the top the the bars.
- In a small bowl, place the chocolate and peanut butter and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, stir, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and pour over the rice krispies. On top of the chocolate layer, drizzle peanut butter in lines. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
- Store in a covered container on the counter, or wrap in aluminium foil and place in a ziplock bag to freeze, but slice beforehand!