Let’s bring on the new season with chewy oatmeal cookies, lightly spiced, and of course- dipped in dark chocolate! These little bites take a minute to whip up- in one bowl- so you can get your cookie fix fast and fresh from the oven.
Hubbs is known to steal these when I’m not looking. Just yesterday, as I tumbled sleepy-eyed into the living room, I caught him sneaking off to work with a fistful of these. Seriously, he was holding so many oatmeal cookies in one hand, I was afraid they would fall. (and then be eaten by the baby who has way to big of a sweet tooth for his age- he must take after his mamma.)
More sweet craves:3 Ingredient Nutella Cookie Bites
Pretzel Crunch Bars
Lemon Amaretto Cake
These cookies are fabulous because they are one-bowl-magic. Throw all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, pile little mounds onto your baking pans, and pop um in the oven! No-getting-full-on-raw-dough-while-cookie dough-sits-in-fridge. No mixer. And barely any flour!
My friend and neighbor, Ruti, turned me on to these cookies. She and her hubby came for dinner a while back with a plate of these in tow. If I remember correctly, I finished most of them then and there in the kitchen and none even made it to dessert! I love that they’re not doughy and you can really taste the freshness of the oats.
I’ve added some fall spices in honor of the season, and of course dipped the bottoms in chocolate!!!
You can add raisins, cranberries, or chocolate chips, and leave out the flour altogether for a gluten-free version. The dough won’t be so much of a dough- you have to be really careful creating mounds because it is very crumbly, but once they start baking, the sugar melts and binds the dough together. This creates an irresistibly chewy cookie!
For non-stick wonderfulness, I use [this] non stick Silpat baking mat.
Did I mention these cookies are DAIRY FREE?!
I cant wait for you to try these(we love seeing your pics!) -take a photo and share it on instagram with @estee_bestie, and be sure to follow along on Pinterest for every-day baking ideas!
Chocolate Dipped Oatmeal Spice Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats(Quaker old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup brown sugar(can substitute with white if need be)
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins/craisins/chocolate chips(OPTIONAL)
- 60 gram dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine- WHEW that was easy!
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius. Place mounds of cookie dough onto a non stick baking sheet, or parchment paper. It might not hold together very well- that's okay! Do your best- once they start cooking the dough will bind together. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. You can stop here and eat them or continue to dip.....
Dip in Chocolate
- Place chocolate chunks into a microwave safe bowl and into the micro two times for 30 sec. each. Mix until smooth. Once cookies have cooled, hold the top and gently dip the bottom into the hot chocolate, twisting the cookie so the chocolate is covering the top edges also- this looks pretty when the cookies are sitting normally(see photos in post). Place on a parchment sheet and then in the freezer for 10-15 minutes till the chocolate has set. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply