Chocolate Dipped Oatmeal Spice Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats(Quaker old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup brown sugar(can substitute with white if need be)
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins/craisins/chocolate chips(OPTIONAL)
- 60 gram dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine- WHEW that was easy!
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius. Place mounds of cookie dough onto a non stick baking sheet, or parchment paper. It might not hold together very well- that's okay! Do your best- once they start cooking the dough will bind together. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. You can stop here and eat them or continue to dip.....
Dip in Chocolate
- Place chocolate chunks into a microwave safe bowl and into the micro two times for 30 sec. each. Mix until smooth. Once cookies have cooled, hold the top and gently dip the bottom into the hot chocolate, twisting the cookie so the chocolate is covering the top edges also- this looks pretty when the cookies are sitting normally(see photos in post). Place on a parchment sheet and then in the freezer for 10-15 minutes till the chocolate has set. Enjoy!