Soft and crumbly like shortbread should be, filled with soft caramel and drizzled in chocolate.
Oh My how do I love these cookies! [made them twice in two days if that says anything].
I crave cookies like nobody’s business, and it usually happens at some unlucky hour, like in the middle of a movie or a few minutes before I need to leave to work. Thus, fast cookies became my mantra.
I am a total Foodie, but I’m also a Busy. I mom, I am in a constant state of doing laundry(someone please tell me that will end), I go to work, workout(at least in my dreams), make dinner and lunch and maybe something for me to eat, work on this blog, and also find time for myself. That is something on the list and doesn’t quite happen at the moment.
All of this meaning I don’t have time to fidle with long cookie recipes and let dough chill in the fridge for three hours.
Seriously. 3 hours?
Take a look around and you’ll find that many of our recipes are quick. Really really good, and quick. (hello half hour challah bread).
These little minis are no exeption- so yummy and packed with everything we love, and super fast.
The dough comes together in about 3 minutes and goes straight into the oven- no chilling first. Store bought caramels are a thing. No additives in the chocolate- just pure. And you can buy already roasted pecans! SHORT CUTS PEOPLE.
Hope you love these and they satisfy all those cravings!
Current kitchen loves of mine(these are affiliate links):
wooden+copper measuring spoons
Caramel Shortbread with Roasted Pecans and Chocolate Drizzle
- 113 gram vegan butter/butter =I stick butter=1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tbs White sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 3Tbs sifted white flour
- half bar chocolate(dark or milk)
- 15 soft caramel candies cut into halves
- 15 roasted pecans broken into two lengthwise
- In the bowl of a stand mixer- with the paddle attachment, beat vegan butter and sugar until combined. Add vanilla and salt and beat to combine. Scrape down the sides of the mixer and add the flour, scraping the bowl as necessary. Mix until a dough forms and there are no large pieces of butter.
- Gather the dough into a ball, and cut into 3 pieces. Cut each piece into 10, so you have 30 pieces of dough.
- Preheat oven to 175c/350f. Line a baking tray with a parchment sheet. Take each cookie and shape gently into a square shape, with the edges raised. In the centre of each one, place a half piece of soft caramel.- or a full one if you want! Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. While the caramel is still hot, press a half pecan into the centre of each one. Let the cookies cool for a couple minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate chunks and microwave for two rounds 30. seconds each. Mix until the chocolate has melted completely and drizzle over each cookie. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sea salt! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply