Caramel Shortbread with Roasted Pecans and Chocolate Drizzle
- 113 gram vegan butter/butter =I stick butter=1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tbs White sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 3Tbs sifted white flour
- half bar chocolate(dark or milk)
- 15 soft caramel candies cut into halves
- 15 roasted pecans broken into two lengthwise
- In the bowl of a stand mixer- with the paddle attachment, beat vegan butter and sugar until combined. Add vanilla and salt and beat to combine. Scrape down the sides of the mixer and add the flour, scraping the bowl as necessary. Mix until a dough forms and there are no large pieces of butter.
- Gather the dough into a ball, and cut into 3 pieces. Cut each piece into 10, so you have 30 pieces of dough.
- Preheat oven to 175c/350f. Line a baking tray with a parchment sheet. Take each cookie and shape gently into a square shape, with the edges raised. In the centre of each one, place a half piece of soft caramel.- or a full one if you want! Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. While the caramel is still hot, press a half pecan into the centre of each one. Let the cookies cool for a couple minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate chunks and microwave for two rounds 30. seconds each. Mix until the chocolate has melted completely and drizzle over each cookie. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sea salt! Enjoy!