Peanut Butter and Jelly Hamantaschen
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice I used freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour, sifted if the dough is wet add in an extra 1/4 cup of flour, slowly, as needed(I DID NOT NEED TO)
- 2 tsp baking powder
Peanut Butter Filling
- 5 rectangle graham crackers or petibor biscuits
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, melted if it is thick
- jar of strawberry jam preserves
Peanut Butter Filling
- Fit your food processor with the S blade attachment(you could also use a blender/coffee grinder). Add the biscuits and grind until very fine. Transfer to a bowl and add the powdered sugar and peanut butter. Mix to combine. Mixture will be thick. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, oil, juice, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Add dry ingredients
- Add in the sugar and mix to combine. Add the flour and baking powder and mix with a spoon or spatula till combined. Turn out the dough on to a clean surface and knead gently until the dough is nice and smooth(this doesn't take long, maybe 1 minute).
Roll and Create
- Take a small chunk of dough and roll it out onto a silicone baking mat(this helps it not to stick to the counter). Keep the dough a tad thick. With the rim of a glass cup, cut out circles of dough. You can fill these with whatever you like! For PB & J: In the centre of each circle, place a ball of peanut butter filling. Next to it a dollop of strawberry jam. Pinch the top sides together create a corner. Continue with the other two until you have a triangle. If using the dough immediately, it should stick easily together. If you refrigerate the dough overnight or for a couple hours, you may need to brush the edges of the circle with egg wash before folding them.
if needed: Egg Wash
- combine one egg and 1 tsp of water in a bowl. Whisk with a fork and brush onto the edges of the cookie to help the sides stay together during baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes, keeping an eye on them and taking them out when the edges are just starting to turn golden. Enjoy!!