Peanut Butter and Jelly Hamantaschen
Soft Hamantaschen with PB&J filling
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice I used freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour, sifted if the dough is wet add in an extra 1/4 cup of flour, slowly, as needed(I DID NOT NEED TO)
- 2 tsp baking powder
Peanut Butter Filling
- 5 rectangle graham crackers or petibor biscuits
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, melted if it is thick
- jar of strawberry jam preserves
In a large bowl or the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, oil, juice, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Roll and Create
Take a small chunk of dough and roll it out onto a silicone baking mat(this helps it not to stick to the counter).
Keep the dough a tad thick.
With the rim of a glass cup, cut out circles of dough.
You can fill these with whatever you like!
For PB & J:
In the centre of each circle, place a ball of peanut butter filling. Next to it a dollop of strawberry jam.
Pinch the top sides together create a corner. Continue with the other two until you have a triangle. If using the dough immediately, it should stick easily together. If you refrigerate the dough overnight or for a couple hours, you may need to brush the edges of the circle with egg wash before folding them.