Today I’m sharing a recipe for Flourless Hot Chocolate Cakes that are so good you will want to make them all year round! These mini cakes are rich with chocolate and cocoa, and filled with a molten chocolate centre. Bonus? They are one-bowl-magic and come together so fast and easy!
this post uses affiliate links to products we use and love!
We are thick in the quick sand of Pesach Cleaning(aka Jewish Spring Cleaning), menu creation, and flour-less desserts. Who knew almond flour and potato starch were good for so many things?! Like many of you, we here at the Chait Family Clan are braving the Passover Seder for the first time this year. Coronavirus happened and invitations were cancelled, and now I have to figure out how to make charoset and what exactly maror is, and answer the beating question in my head- should I buy another food processor?
Thankfully, I have a throng of sister-in-laws(seven if i remember correctly), who have been doing this for years. That means good ol’family recipes that are tested by time, and won’t fail me erev chag.
Also try these kosher l’pesach Lemon Strawberry Sorbet Cups(perfect for Passover and Shabbos lunch!).
These Hot Chocolate Cakes are from my sister-in-law, Robin. I first tried them at her daughters bat-mitzvah, which was held over Chol Hamoed Pesach a couple years ago, and it was one of those recipes where you corner the cook in the kitchen and whisper- “are these really kosher l’pesach?”
I’ve been making them ever since, and not ever on the actual holiday. They are a regular in our Shabbat rotation, and loved by my kids as well as everyone else. Personal servings are the best because it is built in portion control, and really just the perfect bite to satisfy that dessert craving! These are really pretty bakery-style muffin liners.
TIP: This recipe makes lots of personal Hot Chocolate Cakes, so feel free to halve it. Just use 2 eggs, and halve the rest of the ingredients as normal.
Hope you love this Passover Dessert as much as we do! If you make these, be sure to comment and let us know how they were, and come follow along on Instagram!
Flourless Hot Chocolate Cakes(kosher l'pesach)
- 250 gram dark chocolate
- 1 cup Oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup White sugar
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 bars of chocolate(for adding to the centres later)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a microwave safe bowl, add the 250 grams of chocolate and the oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave again for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
- One at a time, add in the eggs to the chocolate, and whisk in between till smooth. The mixture will thicken with each addition. Add the sugar, potato starch, and cocoa and stir to combine.
- Fit a muffin tin with muffin liners, or place your soufflé dishes/muffin containers, on a baking tray. There is no need to oil them. Break up the chocolate bars into squares. Spoon the cake mix into the liners, and press down a piece of chocolate into the center of each one.
- Bake at 325 F for 13 minutes. These can be frozen and re-heated. Serve Hot.
Leave a Reply