These Honey Glazed Peach Salmon skewers are the perfect healthy summer dinner! We use a quick spice rub to season the salmon and thread our skewers with juicy peaches and red onions. Brush with a 2 ingredient honey balsamic glaze for the perfect finish!
Grill season, all day every day! We would happily barbecue, uh, every single night! We live on a little mountain-side village with an incredible view of the watercolor sunset. It’s the best backdrop for dinner!
Peaches and salmon go great together and we’ve got a little heat in there to counter the honey glaze.
Salmon Seasoning Ingredients
We are keeping this really simple- and a few key spices are all you need for the best all around tasting salmon. The blend is:
- smoked paprika(or regular paprika if that’s what you have, although I love that smoky flavor!)
- garlic powder possibly our favorite spice
- brown sugar to counter the heat of the chili and give a bit of caramelization
- cumin for more flavor
- chili powder for heat, but you can omit this if you don’t like spice!
- salt always
To help all the spices adhere, we coat the salmon cubes in a thin coating of olive oil first.
Grill or Bake?
We are partial to grilling but you can totally bake these salmon skewers in the oven! While they do take a couple minutes longer in the oven to get that beautiful golden color, they are equally delicious!
Oven Time: 5-7 minutes on the broil setting
Grill Time: 3-4 minutes
TIP: When grilling on an outside grill or grill pan, make sure to oil the grates first to help prevent the fish from sticking to the grill.
What to Serve with Peach Salmon Skewers?
Serve these beautiful juicy salmon and peach skewers over baby greens with sliced avocado and cucumber. Lay the skewers on top and drizzle over that delicious honey glaze and a touch of flaky salt. It’s the perfect hearty, healthy dinner.
Love BBQ? Also try:
Honey Glazed Peach Salmon Skewers
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
Salmon, Fruit and Greens
- 24 ounce salmon fillets, with or without skin(your preference)
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 4-5 peaches quartered
- 1 red onion
- 1 bag arugula leaves/ baby spinach/ baby greens
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cucumbers
- in a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, sugar, cumin,chili powder, and salt.
- Cut salmon into uniform 1 1/2 inch cubes. Place in a bowl and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat. Add the rub and toss again. Set aside.In a seperate bowl, drizzle remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil over quartered peaches and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cut the onion in half, stem to root, and cut out a triangle around the stem to remove it. Slice into wedges, leaving the layers intact.
- Thread salmon, peaches, and onion onto the skewers, using the same pattern for each one. (i did peach, 3 salmon cubes, and red onion with a few layers at the top).
- GRILL instructions: fire up the grill or heat a grill pan over medium heat. Grease the grates and grill skewers 3-4 minutes per side, until salmon is golden. OVEN instructions: Preheat oven to 430 F (broil setting). Grease a baking sheet, add the skewers and broil 5-7 minutes per side, till golden.
- Prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, combine honey and balsamic vinegar. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and brush over the skewers.
- On a large platter or individual plates, arrange a bed of arugula or chosen greens. Add sliced avocado and cucumber. Place skewers on top and drizzle over the remaining glaze.