These are the quickest easy cinnamon rolls to make! With a simple three ingredient dough and no yeast, you’ll have fresh, fluffy buns on the table in 20 minutes. This is also a small batch cinnamon roll recipe and it’s perfect for a work from home morning or breakfast for two!
You know those mornings when you realllyyyy want fresh cinnamon buns but don’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen?
I have those mornings a lot.
Enter 20 minute cinnamon rolls! With a super simple, no-yeast recipe(we use baking powder instead), we skip all the rise times and go straight to the good stuff- gooey cinnamon filling tinged with rum and brown sugar for the perfect morning pick-me-up.
We are also making this recipe a small batch. Enough for two(or two mornings?!)- not enough to feel bad about eating an entire tray. You will get 8 super fluffy soft buns with this recipe!
No Yeast Dough
Instead of yeast we are using baking powder! That means no rise time. Mix, oven, eat!
Our dough is made from simple pantry staple ingredients: flour, baking powder, and yogurt.
The yogurt makes the dough super soft, creamy, and delicious! All you have to do is add the ingredients to a mixing bowl along with a little salt(I don’t even use my stand mixer=less clean up!), and knead it gently until it becomes smooth and all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Then we’ll roll it out, fill it, and slice into thick buns!
Boozy Cinnamon Filling
I put rum in everything. I love the subtle hint of flavour it adds without being overpowering, and how it immediately turns a simple breakfast into an adult morning getaway.
You only need a splash of rum added to the brown sugar/cinnamon/oil mixture for the flavor, but it really adds so much! Personally I use Captain Morgan, but your favorite rum brand will work too.
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
You are going to love how quickly these cinnamon rolls come together with so few ingredients! The end result is a really lovely pull apart dough that stays nice and soft, a gooey filling, and the perfect vanilla glaze to finish it off.
These aren’t overly sweet and make the perfect match for a morning coffee.
Hope you love them!
Boozy 20 Minutes Cinnamon Rolls(no yeast!)
- 1 1/3 cup sifted white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 gram yogurt(one small container)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp rum(a splash
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2- 1 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C.In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add yogurt and stir till well combined. Lightly flour your work surface and knead the dough for 1-2 minutes until it is smooth and soft.
- Flour the surface again so the dough doesn't stick, flour the top of the dough, and roll it out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, rum, and oil and mix well.
- Spread evenly over the rolled out dough, leaving a little bit at the top edge .
Slice and Bake
- Roll the dough up with filling as tight as possible, away from you until you reach the end. Pinch the edges together to seal them along the long edge. Flip the roll so the seam is face down and slice into one inch slices. Prepare a baking dish by buttering it or fit with a piece of parchment paper. Bake for about 13 mintes, until the filling is bubbly and the cinnamon rolls are lightly golden.
- While the buns are in the oven, whisk together the powdered sugar and 1/2 TBSP of milk. Add another drop at a time until you have a thick but pourable glaze. It should not be runny. I used a bit less than one tablespon of milk.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for 5 minutes before topping with glaze!