Beer Battered Tempura Mushrooms with Hot Teriyaki Sauce
- 8 mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/4- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 3 Tbs Mikes Teriyaki Sauce or your favourite brand
- 1 Tbs water
- In a bowl, place flour, 1/4 cup of beer, salt, garlic powder, and pepper flakes, if desired. Whisk until combined and smooth. If the batter is very thick slowly add 1/4 cup beer, until it is a dunk able consistency.
- Place teriyaki sauce in a microwave safe bowl and add 1 Tbs water. If your Teriyaki sauce is already thin, there’s no need to add the water. Heat it for 30 seconds, and mix until combined(alternatively, you can heat it in a small pot on the stovetop).
- Heat up canola oil in a small pot.
- Dip quartered mushrooms into the tempura batter and gently place into the hot oil, leaving space so the mushrooms aren’t touching. Fry for about a minute on each side, until they are just starting to turn golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place onto a paper towel to drain.
- Place mushrooms in a serving bowl. Drizzle over Hot Teriyaki Sauce and garnish with red pepper flakes OR place teriyaki sauce in a small serving dish on the side. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply