Thai Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2-3 Tbs oil
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced (4-5 cloves)
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium sweet dried peppers
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 Tbs green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 21/2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 1/2 Tbs white sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water(for the cornstarch)
- Get out two small bowls. In one, mix rice vinegar with brown sugar and stir to dissolve sugar. In the second, add 1 tsp cornstarch and 1 tsp water, and stir to dissolve cornstarch. Set both aside. Heat up a wok or large frying pan with 2 Tbs oil, add the garlic, and saute until fragrant, about a minute. Add the cubed chicken and cook until cooked through.
- +While the chicken is cooking, place the cashews on a baking sheet and roast for 7 minutes at 350 F(175 C).
- Add onions to the chicken . Rip each sweet pepper into three pieces over the wok, and add all 6 pieces, tossing to combine.
- Straight to the wok, add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar, and the rice vinegar with the brown sugar. Toss to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cornstarch mixed with water, and toss. To finish, throw in the toasted cashews and green onions and cook for another 30 seconds, tossing continuously. Serve over jasmine rice. ENJOY!!!