Savoury Mushroom Boureka
- 2 Tbs Oil
- 15 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbs mushroom soup mix
- 1 Tbs onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, for brushing tops, beaten
- 1 Package Puff pastry dough, defrosted (We’ll only use half)
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a large pan. Add diced onions and cook until the onions start to turn golden, 10-12 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until all the water that the mushrooms produce is evaporated.
- Add mushroom and onion soup mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. mix to combine. Pour in 1/2 cup of boiling water and mix. Let the mixture cook for about 3 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the mix is thick. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 175. On a non stick surface or silat mat, lay out puff pastry. Cut into a rectangle, a little shorter than a 9 by 13 pan, so it will fit inside. Place half of the filling into the center of the dough. Fold in the edges. Fold up the bottom half, covering the mushroom mix. Fold over remaining top piece. Gently transfer to a parchment lined 9'13 pan. Repeat with next roll.
- Beat an egg. Using a pastry brush, coat the tops of the rolls.
- Place on the center rack of a preheated oven. Bake at 175 celcius for 45 min.- 1 hr. or until tops are golden. Serve hot or warm. Enjoy!