Roasted Pepper Marmalade
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 tsp Demerara sugar
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- shake of black pepper(freshly ground is best)
- pinch of chili flakes
- Place the peppers on a grill or in the oven to roast until the peel is charred and the pepper is soft.
- Transfer the peppers while hot to a clean plastic bag and close the top. This will create steam. Once the peppers have cooled, scrape off the peel, remove the seeds, and chop into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a small pot, heat the oil and add the peppers. Saute for 2 minutes and add the sugar, balsamic vinegar, and coriander seeds. Cook until the texture thickens to that of marmalade(around 5-7 minutes). Season lightly with salt, a shake of pepper, and a dash of chili flakes, if desired.