- 500 gram ground meat
- 1 1/2 onions, diced and divided(set 1 full onion aside)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ras el hanout spice mix (link to get this on amazon above)
- 1/2 tsp chicken soup mix
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Add ground meat and 1/2 onion, minced, to a large bowl. Break up the bread slice and crumble it in. Add chopped parsley, turmeric, paprika, black pepper, ras el hanout, chicken soup mix, and olive oil. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 175 celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Shape the meat mixture into kebab shapes( an oval with the ends a little pointed), and place on the parchment. Drizzle tops lightly with olive oil, and place in the oven to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the kebabs are in the oven, add 1 1/2 Tbs oil to a high rimmed pan, and once the oil is hot, add in one large onion, minced. Saute until fragrant and golden. Remove the kebabs from the oven and with tongs, gently transfer them to the pan with the onions. Simply place the kebabs on top of the onions. Turn the flame on to medium, cover the pan with a lid, and let the kebabs cook for about 10-15 minutes, until cooked all the way through. Enjoy hot!
Leave a Reply