Mediterranean Salted Chicken and Olives
- 4-6 bone-in chicken thighs/ drumsticks(we do a mix)
- 2-3 cups water, to cover chicken
- 3 TBS Coarse salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup green olives, pits removed
- Place chicken in a large container(that has a lid), cover it almost fully with water and sprinkle in 3 Tbs of coarse salt. Cover with a lid and let it sit overnight in the fridge or for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 390F(200 C). Remove the chicken to a casserole dish and pat it dry. Drizzle with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and turmeric. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the chicken, and rub it into both sides. Push the chicken to the side of the dish, and cover the bottom of the dish with olives and garlic cloves. Arrange the seasoned chicken on top of the garlic- this ensures the chicken won't stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. Bake at 390F(200 C) for 1 hour and 15 min., or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy. Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon over the juices and olives from the bottom of the pan. Serve hot.