Lotus, Walnut, and Chocolate Stuffed Dates
- 10-20 soft medjool dates pitted and checked
- 2/3 cups walnuts
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup lotus spread
- 1/4 Tbs honey
- half a chocolate bar(dark)
- coarse sea salt
- Remove the pits from dates and check the insides. Set aside. Roast walnuts- Preheat oven to 350f/175c. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 5 minutes. Mix, and bake another 5 minutes.
- Make filling: Place peanut butter, lotus spread, and honey in a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Break chocolate into chunks, place in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30 secs. Mix, and microwave another 30 sec. Mix until smooth.
- To assemble: Fill dates with lotus filling, and press them gently closed, making sure there is a little filling at the top of the date that the walnut can stick to. You can break the walnuts in half and line the opening of the date or use just one walnut. Press into the filling so it stays in place. Once all the dates are stuffed, hold each over the bowl of chocolate and coat generously with chocolate, so most of the date is covered. Place on a parchment sheet. Sprinkle lightly with coarse salt and press another walnut into the top of the date(if you wish). Place in the fridge till the chocolate hardens, and transfer to an airtight container to store in the fridge. Enjoy!