Rich + Healthy Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- 10 medjool dates, pitted(one cup)
- 2 Tbs soy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes(shredded coconut)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 Tbs blanched almond paste, almond butter, or nut butter of your choice
- 1 Tbs ground flax seed
Rolling- Cacao+ Honey Roasted Walnuts(for coating half the truffles)
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- In a food processor, place dates, soy milk, and shredded coconut. Pulse until a paste forms. Add nut butter, cocoa powder, and ground flax seed. Blend until the batter turns into a ball. It will literally form a ball in the food processor and become impossible to blend.
- To make the honey roasted walnuts, finely chop the walnuts and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with honey and roast at 175 celsius for 10 minutes. Double if you want to coat all the truffles- I did half half. Let cool.
- Place your topping in a small bowl and take off teaspoon sized pieces of batter, roll into a ball and coat in topping. Place on a baking sheet in an airtight container and store in the freezer. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply