Mochiko Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 1.5 kilo chicken(around 3 pieces of chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup Mochiko- sweet rice flour/glutinous rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs scallion finely sliced
- 1 Tbs garlic crushed
- ¼ cup Onion cut into large cubes
- ¼ cup red pepper or carrot thinly sliced into strips
- 1 heaping Tbs gochujang(red Korean chili paste) you can substitute for sriracha if in a pinch
- 1 cup Water
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 1/2 tsp chicken soup mix
- 1 Tbs Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Cut chicken into bite or two-bite cubes. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate overnight, or for a minimum of half an hour.
- Heat oil for frying. When oil is hot, gently place chicken pieces in to fry, without crowding the oil. When the first side is a lovely golden color, flip and fry the second side. I like to use chopsticks for this part-hey don't scrape the bottom of the pan like metal tongs. Place fried chicken on paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- While the chicken is frying, heat up a second large pan with sesame oil. Add garlic and scallions and saute until fragrant. Add onion and red pepper or carrot. Saute for about a minute, to lightly soften the veggies but so they stay crunchy! Add the gochujang. Add water, raw ramen noodles, soup mix, soy sauce, and pepper. Flip the square of noodles and once they start softening up, gently separate them.
- Cook until the water is reduced completely and the noodles are fully cooked through- a couple minutes. Push the noddle stir fry to the side of the pan, add another drop of oil, and fry the two eggs(I only fry mine on one side till the bottom is very crispy).
- To serve: Divide the noodles among serving dishes, and top with chicken and fried egg.
Leave a Reply