Half Hour Pumpkin Rolls with Pecan Streusel and Cinnamon Glaze
- 2 Tbs instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- ⅛ tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 M eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree freshly pureed or canned
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 5 cups flour plus more for rolling
- ½ cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 6 tsp oil
- 4 Tbs chopped pecans
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- Combine yeast, warm water, and ⅛ tsp sugar in a bowl. Let sit until frothy and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- While the yeast is proofing, make streusel. Combine flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, oil, and pecans in a bowl and crumble with your fingers until clumps form. If it needs to hold together more, add ½ tsp oil.
- To the yeast mixture, add oil, honey, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Mix. Add salt, cinnamon, and 2 cups of flour. Mix to combine. Add the rest of the flour slowly, until the dough comes together.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour and turn the dough out. Knead for a couple minutes, adding flour ⅛ cup at a time as necessary, until the dough is easy to work with and no longer so sticky.
- Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cut the dough with a very sharp knife into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece out into a rope- add more flour to your work surface here if necessary. Make a knot by crossing the right end over the left and bringing it around the back and through the center. Continue with the right strand that is now sticking out of the center and pull it over to the left and tuck it under the knot, creating a pretzel shape.
- Place knots into muffin tins and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400f/200celcius.
- Combine egg and water for the egg wash and brush over the knots with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the tops with pecan streusel, pressing it down a little so it sticks.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, make the glaze. Combine brown sugar, confectioners sugar, cinnamon and hot water, and mix till smooth.
- Let the rolls cool before drizzling with glaze. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply