Fresh Spring Rolls with Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 package round rice wrappers
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed sprouts or your sprout of choice
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin strips use a peeler, then slice the peels
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, and sliced into strips
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
Thai Peanut Dip
- 2 TBS peanut butter(I prefer the crunchy kind)
- 1 TBS honey
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 3 TBS soy sauce
For the dip:
- In a jar with a tight lid, shake all the dip ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare your vegetables before soaking the wrappers. To prepare the rice wrappers, place them one at a time on a plate and pour over water until the wrapper is submerged. In about a minute, the wrapper will soften, remove it to a dry plate or flat cutting board. It will be sticky so handle it gently to prevent any tears.
- Place the filling in the centre of the wrapper, a little towards the bottom. Fold up the bottom over the filling, and then the sides in towards the center. Continue rolling the wrap away from yourself. The edges will stick together. If you are making a lot of rolls you can cover them with a damp towel to keep them from drying out. Slice each roll in half on the diagonal, and serve with dipping sauce.