Fresh Basil and Rosemary Pita
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 4 cups + 4 Tbs flour
- 1 Tbs instant yeast
- 1 Tbs white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbs fresh basil minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary chopped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, place 2 Tbs of olive oil.
- Add in flour, yeast, sugar, salt,water, basil, and rosemary.
- Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. The dough will be sticky!! Do not add flour!
- Oil a seperate bowl and oil your hands as well. Transfer the dough to the oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and let it rise for about an hour, until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour. I like to use a non stick mat or piece of parchment paper. Divide the dough into about 25 pieces, each 40 grams.
- Press each piece out into a small circle.
- Heat up remaining 2 Tbs of olive oil in a pan and gently place in pitas to cook on high heat until browned on each side. I fit 3 pitas at a time and had two pans going.
- Serve warm, and keep in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply