Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Crunch(dairy-free!)
- 6 cups popcorn, popped
- 2 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bars dark, dairy free chocolate
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and add the popcorn and pretzels. Preheat the oven to 93 c/200 f.
- In a saucepan, combine the vegan butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat,add the baking soda and cinnamon, and stir to combine. The mixture will froth up quite a bit. Pour the caramel over the popcorn mix and, working quickly so it doesn't harden, mix to coat.
- Bake for 1 hour, mixing(be sure to get the corners), every 15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up the chocolate bars. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and again for 30 seconds. Stir till smooth and drizzle over the popcorn crunch. Let cool and break into chunks. Store in a ziplock bag or airtight container on the counter. Enjoy!