Cheesy Garlic Herb Mozzarella Sticks
- one package of mozzarella sticks or string cheese(about 8 cheese sticks) or mozzarella block cut into sticks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Cut string cheese or mozzarella sticks into half- this should be around 16 sticks. (They are easier to fry when they are shorter!) You can also use a block of mozzarella cheese and cut it into finger-length sticks.
- Lay out three bowls. In one place flour. In the next place egg and milk, and season with garlic powder, salt, oregano, and pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine. In the third place breadcrumbs and season with garlic and oregano.
Dip cheese sticks
- Working two at a time, roll each cheese stick into the flour, dip it into the egg to fully coat it, and roll in breadcrumbs. Now dip BACK into the egg, and once again into the breadcrumbs. This double dip will give us the crispiest cheese sticks and help keep the cheese from melting out!
- Place the breaded cheese sticks onto a plate and into the freezer for at least 10 minutes. This firms them up and helps keep the shape while frying.
- Heat up oil. Pop sticks straight from the freezer into the pan and fry until golden on each side. Don't over-fry or the cheese will leak out. Serve immediately with marinara sauce. Enjoy!!!