Asian Fry for 2
- 4 chicken breasts, cleaned and cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium size pieces
- 4 stalks of green onion/scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs ketchup
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- Add chicken pieces to a bowl with cornstarch and salt. Mix until all chicken pieces are coated in cornstarch. Add the egg, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, and sesame seeds. Mix. Let this marinate overnight or while you chop your veggies(super adaptable!).
- Heat up 1 Tbs oil(yes that's it!) and place chicken pieces down in the pan in an even layer. Let them cook for a couple minutes on a medium flame and once golden, flip. Finish cooking and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan the chicken was in, heat up a little oil(about 1/2 Tbs), and saute the veggies until garlic is golden and fragrant. Add the chicken back to the pan and mix with the veggies. Turn off the flame.
- Push everything to the edges of the pan to create a well in the centre. Pour into the well the sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, and rice vinegar. With a wooden utensil, mix the sauce together in the pan. Turn on the flame and mix everything until the chicken is coated with sauce.
- Serve hot alongside jasmine rice. To present the rice like pictured, take a small bowl and fill it with HOT rice. Press the rice down, place the bowl against you serving plate, and flip the plate so the bowl with rice is sitting face down on the plate. Gently remove the bowl. Garnish with scallions.